Re: info on LDAP training

On 02 Feb 2001 08:13:49 -0800, Adam Shand wrote:

> > I am looking for some information on LDAP training options. I need
> > some suggest a venue (either a training center and/or online training)
> > where a newbie to LDAP such as myself would be able to get training on
> > LDAP?
>
> the only training i am aware of is via sun.  it's specific to their (the
> netscape/iplanet directory server) ldap server but it gives you a basic
> grounding in ldap in general which helped me a lot when i moved on to
> openldap.
>
> if you're interested my notes from the class (really just intended for
> me) are at:
>
>       http://www.spack.org/geek/dir-2037.txt
>
> this class is more theory then hands on so be aware of that before you go
> in.  my instructor mentioned a new class which started in december which
> is supposed to be more hands on.
>
> adam.

I think the best training is still get your hand dirty. If you have a
commercial server, fine, but you can always use OpenLDAP.
I have done a one-day training on LDAP, but that does not
help much, until I started doing it.

It's like coding. A lot of things can only be learned thru
experience.

Xiaopong