Re: subtype definition problem

At 01:51 AM 1/11/01 +0200, Erkki Hietala wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have tried to set up LDAP vCard storage, but I have a problem with the
>subtype/option definition for the attributes. vCard+LDAP draft is defined in
>http://www.imc.org/draft-royer-vcard-ldap where the vcard data has it own
>objectclass vcardObject. I'm using the openldap 2.0.

You'd likely have a problem implementing this ''work in progress''
on any platform.  The I-D suggests semantics of attribute description
options which are quite different from how such are generally implemented.

>in some reason the openldap doesn't accept the 'work' and 'home'
>subtypes/options for the vcardTEL attribute.

Many (most?) servers do not recognize arbitrary attribute
description options.

>Is it possible to define own subtypes or are the only acceptable subtype
>'lang-??' and 'binary'?

Don't confuse attribute description options and attribute type
subtypes.

>Does it need to do some extra configuration to schema definition file?

No.  Extra code to implement the options.

>Any suggestions ?

Wait for (or help by commenting to the editor/author) the I-D to mature.
I suspect it will significantly change before being published as an RFC.