Re: schema entries

At 06:40 PM 1/4/01 +0100, Javier wrote:
>Hello everybody!
>
>My question is about subschema entries.
>
>Who generate the entry cn=schema that  contain all information about objectclass and attribute of directory server.

There may be no single subschema subentry which contains all
information about schema of a directory server.  Each
administrative area held by the server can, if the implementation
supports such, have a separate subschema.  [OpenLDAP doesn't
support this yet, some other implementations do].

Even for servers which only support a single subschema, there
is no requirement that it be named "cn=schema".  OpenLDAP's
names it "cn=subschema".

An application should read the value of the subschemaSubentry
attribute of the target entry it wishes to obtain subschema
information for.  This attribute holds the name of the
subschema entry (or subentry) controlling the target entry.

All subschema entries (or subentries) are generated by the
server.  They may be generated from information provided via
LDAP, via configuration files, or other means.

>   * Is the daemon sldap who generate this information with the      information of the file schema.core that it has included in the      sldap.conf?

The OpenLDAP slapd generates subschema from configuration information.
Details can be found in the admin guide.  Questions specific to
OpenLDAP slapd should be directed to the software list.

>   * Am I add subschema entry with a ldif file and ldapadd program?

Normally you cannot add a subschema entry (or subentry) (unless
the server support creation of administrative areas via LDAP).  Some
servers (not including OpenLDAP) may allow you to modify subschema
entries (or subentries) via LDAP.

>Can somebody helpme?

Schema configuration (as opposed to discovery) is generally
implementation specific.  I suggest you direct your question
to an implementation specific mailing list.