Re: authenticate nt domain server vs ldap

I would certainly hope it is.  Currenlty we use NT authentication which has an LDAP
extention, but our system administrators tell me that this can only be used by
other Microsoft products (IIS) and would require Active Directory to be set up.

I am a little dubious of this, but would not be surprised if this is the case.
Therefore I want to replace the NT authentication by using a more flexable LDAP
service and get all the NT machines to authenticate against that.

It may involve running a NT domain name controller, using a samba server.  In
theory, this seems like how it would work.....

John Stevenson.