Newbie question re clients

I'm running openldap on a linux box, and need to set up something so that
the secretary, who is in charge of keeping phone lists and stuff up to
date, can access and *change* information in the database.  She is
non-technical, so I can't just give her root[1] on the machine and expect
her to use ldapmodify or ldapdelete or anything like that.  Best would be
a web interface or a windows interface (non-technical, right?).

I've looked at using web2ldap, but couldn't seem to make it work (I think
this is an issue with authentication, but it's hard to tell), and trying
to find all the stuff to install for perldap (not to mention having to
write the interface *after* I got that done) has been difficult.  I also
looked at wax500, but I am having trouble authenticating.  I'd write to
umich about wax500, but I'm not -at- umich, so you can see how that goes.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this set up?  Right now the
database is searchable (that part is already in-use), but the only
modification is through ldapmodify or such on the machine.

Lillith Lerien

[1] Not to mention how bad an idea that is to begin with.

Systems Administrator				e: lillith@xpresschex.com
XpresscheX, Inc.				v: 505-998-3141 x3712