Re: Where to put non-Person logins

Gary Algier writes:
> will still be able to login?  Also, how about "project" logins
> that we want to have across system?  Where would I put one of these?

another ou?  ou=nonpeople?  or...

> Or do I just have to fake a "Person"?  This would mess up the idea
> of using the LDAP database to maintain lists of people for other
> purposes (like employee lists).

can your other applications do filtering; if so add an attribute
to the people entry that has a value person/non-person.
or
it looks like openldap has a group (groupofnames) object,
but I don't know how it works in practice in openldap.

What do people think are the best practices?