Where to put non-Person logins

Where do I put the non-Person logins?

Looking at most discussions of designing an LDAP implementation I see
that logins are created as something like:
	dn: uid=gaa, ou=People, dc=...
So where do I put the non-people?  Where does root go?  With PAM
handling LDAP authentication, will it look locally first so root
will still be able to login?  Also, how about "project" logins
that we want to have across system?  Where would I put one of these?
Or do I just have to fake a "Person"?  This would mess up the idea
of using the LDAP database to maintain lists of people for other
purposes (like employee lists).

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ       gary.algier@ulticom.com           +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033

            This space intentionally left blank by the censors.