Re: unified login (unix + windows)

How do the  pam_ldap and nss_ldap check the password.  Do they request a copy of the password, or attempt a login into LDAP?

Albert Steiner

At 11:17 AM 6/15/00 +0000, salvador.salanova@pas.udg.es wrote:
>Hi,
>>It is a dream of mine to have all passwords and users
>>in one Ldap-Server.
>
>This is a small university, and the approach that I am using is as
>follows:
>
>-ldap server:
>	stores the user database
>
>-unix stations (Solaris and Linux):
>	use pam_ldap and nss_ldap against ldap server
>
>-winnt classrooms:
>	today all users share the same username (generic one), we are
>writting a replacement gina wich first checks the  user against ldap
>server and after that logs the user in the ntworkstation using the
>generic username and password hardcoded into the gina. This is not
>finished yet.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Salvador Salanova Fortmann

Albert Steiner  Coordinator Distributed Computing
Technology Support Services
N O R T H W E S T E R N   U N I V E R S I T Y
1603 Orrington Suite #1400, Evanston, IL 60201-5064
a-steiner@northwestern.edu  Phone 847-491-4056 FAX 847-467-7732