Re: sorting

Some servers support LDAPv3 controls to do server side sorting.
However, in general, applications need to be prepared to sort
results themselfs if they intend to work with any LDAPv2 or
LDAPv3 server.

The LDAP C API provides ldap_sort(3) routines to do client
sorting of entries and values.  You may have to modify the
client to use these routines.

The client ldapsearch(1), as implemented in OpenLDAP 1.x,
support sorting of entries by attribute.  See the -S option.

	Kurt