Re: openldap, pam_ldap, accounts

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 03:41:36PM +0200, root wrote:
> Hello !
>
>     I am really really newbie with LDAP. Anyways I succeeded to install
> OpenLDAP, pam_ldap and succeeded to add account entries to LDAP. I can
> find entries from LDAP with ldapsearch. I used migrate perl scripts as
> help when adding login information to LDAP. I also compiled sshd with
> pam support. I also verified that sshd is searchig pam and ldap
> information from system syslogs (I am using RedHat 6.1). Now when
> logging to machine this kind of error message will appear to syslog.
>
> Dec  2 15:10:07 localhost login: pam_ldap: ldap_simple_bind_s Invalid
> credentials
>
>     What might be the problem or what should I check for finding the
> possible problem ?

You will also need nss_ldap so that the system passwd calls can get the
user info. It's availabel from ftp.padl.com. After you compile and install
it, you need to add ldap to the passwd and group entries in
/etc/nsswitch.conf.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '