Re: Chinese character access

At 10:27 AM 11/19/99 -0800, John Kristian wrote:
>"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
>
>> Some implementations do not adhere to ... LDAPv3 character encoding
>> specifications.

s/do not/may not/

Actually, one could argue that LDAPv3 implementations that do
not properly support UTF-8 aren't LDAPv3 implementations.

Likewise, one could argue that LDAPv2 implementations that do
not properly support T.61 aren't LDAPv2 implementations.

And, one could argue that that an LDAPv3 implementation that
does not properly support T.61 when interacting with
LDAPv2 clients is not an LDAPv3 implementation.

My original comment was to state what the protocol specification
dicate.  However, as I noted previously, you mileage may vary
depending upon which implementation you drive.

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>
Net Boolean Incorporated	<http://www.boolean.net/>