Re: Book recommendation ?

"John P . Looney" wrote:

>  Can anyone recommend a book that discusses the design/implementation of
> LDAP projects ? I'm looking for something that will tell me everything from
> what "dc=" means to recommending designs for a very scalable LDAP
> implementation for storing everything from email addresses to DNS records.
>
>  The books Amazon.com have don't seem to be brilliant, by the reviews I see
> there, but "Understanding and Deploying Ldap Directory Services" seems
> the best of what's there.

There aren't very many LDAP books to choose from, but our "Understanding
and Deploying LDAP Directory Services" sounds like the best fit for you
because it focuses on deployment.  It does not include a lot of product
specific information though.  I suggest you go to a brick and mortar
book store and flip through the available books, especially ours and
Mark Wilcox's "Implementing LDAP."  You can also find five chapters (out
of 26 total) from "Understanding and Deploying LDAP Directory Services"
here:

    http://developer.netscape.com/docs/books/macmillan/ldap/ldapbk.html

Good luck.

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance