Re: Schema for apache webserver

I assume you mean like Netscape ES 4 does?
No.

I've been mulling over this for a while but haven't done any work.

The only reason why you'd really want to do this is in a server farm, where
servers scattered across several machines need to share the same
configuration.

Schema is one thing. Tuning is entirely another. Doing TCP/IP connections
for looking up configuration information during each startup could be
painful (LDAP queries are usually quick, but they don't count for the
overhead of TCP/IP). Also maintaining security of the configuration is
another item to take into consideration.

Probably the easiest way to do it would be with mod-perl and LDAP. From my
understanding (you'll have to check with mod_perl list or info for exact
details) you can configure mod_perl to modify apache configuration files on
the fly (e.g. you could also store your configuration in a database). Have
your Perl code connect to LDAP server pull in the configuration information
and go.

Mark