How to use own authentication methods?

Hello evrybody!

I am just starting up exploring LDAP. I already wrote a little servlet that
handles queries on telephone numbers of employees and things like that. But
still I know pretty few about LDAP. Here is my question:

We want to put some applications into our intranet. These application shall use
an LDAP directory, where the users are administrated. The problem is that we on
ourselves have no access to the user passwords. They are stored in IBMs RACF. So
we need something like an exit from LDAP. That means the LDAP server should pass
the passwords through to a self written application that authenticates  against
RACF. How can this be done with OpenLDAP?

Thank you for any help.

Martin

--

 _            ACHTUNG! Neue EMail-Adresse: M.Strohbach@gmx.de             _