Re: RDBMS Backends & is ldap appropriate

You are right, we can then implement the list as follows:

1. Searches outnumber the updates by 90 to 10 (Oct 1999)
2. Reference information ist stored and not the actual Documents/Information
(Oct 1999)
3. you must define only a small number of customized objects to meet your scope

4. you shall not need relational integrity across updates involving multiple
objects
5. you don't need table oriented process (reports) (Oct 1999)

Only point 4 is not a performance and implementation issue but a protocol
characteristic.
Point 3 is just a suggestion, but not a limit.

I believe that TODAY these point are reasonable; if 4 is implemented in the
protocol we may see the birth of a "Object Oriented Database Access Protocol";
this wouldn't surprise me.

Bye
Giovanni