Re: inetPerson

At 12:31 PM 10/12/99 +0200, Stefan Kiesow wrote:
>Hello Kurt,
>
>well, I tried to add an attribute EMAIL to an objectclass PERSON, without
>success. (schemacheck on)

Though it's not recommended that you modify existing schema items,
you should be able to.  Post details to our openldap-software list
and we'll sort out the problem.

BTW, I never heard of 'email' or 'inetPerson' before this discussion,
many applications use the 'mail' attribute type and many directory
managers use 'inetOrgPerson' object class.

I do recommend you resuse existing schema items whenever possible
and define additional items only as necessary.

>Then I added the Objectclass inetPerson (not inetOrgPerson !)
>to the schema and it worked fine.
>That's why I wonder where to find inetPerson!

I guess I'd suggest you search for it using a Altavista or other
general web search system.  I suspect it's not listed in any of
the common LDAP schema listing services.  (See the FAQ for a
a list of listing services).

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>
Net Boolean Incorporated	<http://www.boolean.net/>