Re: Uniqueness of attribute values

An LDAP server can enforce such a constraint.  For example, Netscape
Directory Server is easily configurable, to do this (it's a preoperation
plugin 'uid-plugin', in slapd.ldbm.conf).  In OpenLDAP, it would require
non-trivial programming, I imagine (as far as I know, no similar plugin is
available for the OpenLDAP server).