Re: Fw: LDAP Search to SQL Select

At 04:04 PM 10/5/99 -0400, Robert Klerer wrote:
>I have a relational database as my directory.  I would like to be able to
>accept LDAP queries.  Does anyone have a process that will accept LDAP
>searches, generate an SQL select and convert the results back for an LDAP
>response?

This can be done by either writing your own backend or use
one of the "programmable" backends.  OpenLDAP 1.2 offers
both (though the only "programmable" backend is back-shell).
OpenLDAP 2.0, when released, will offer Perl and TCL backends.

>I notice that there are references in the archives to a "Generic SQL
>backend", which I could not locate the details on.

This effort is dead.  See devel list archives for details
as to why.

Kurt