Fw: LDAP Search to SQL Select

I have a relational database as my directory.  I would like to be able to
accept LDAP queries.  Does anyone have a process that will accept LDAP
searches, generate an SQL select and convert the results back for an LDAP
response?

I notice that there are references in the archives to a "Generic SQL
backend", which I could not locate the details on.  I may be mistaken, but I
believe I am asking a different question -- slapd's use of any database
would require the definition of certain tables.  I already have the table
definitions (and contents) and I want to map the query against it (I think).
Also, I believe that I require only a subset of the ldap functionality.

Any help or pointers to the right resources would be appreciated.

Robert Klerer
Crosshair Communications Corporation
Email:  klerer@xhair.com
Voice: 914-217-4475
Fax:  914-722-0877
Snailmail: 189 Fort Hill Road, Scarsdale NY 10583