New schematta / object classes

I am working on a system where I need to make new object classes so that
I can use strict schema enforcement on the server.

1. do i need to do ASN.1 OID's for the classes?
2. where can i learn more on how to do this? on ASN.1 in general?  The
web has been searched
3. if i make a object class and, after populating the directory, need
to:
	- change an attrib name es: from "socialSec" to "ssn" without loosing
the data
	- add an attrib
	- del an attrib
	+ how would I do this?  This goes back to the schema migration question
I asked weeks ago.