Re: Unable to change any settings in Netscape Directory Server 4.0

Imtiaz Ahmed wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am running Netscape Directory server 4.0.I wish to make some
> changes to the Access List in the Administration Server i.e. the hosts
> who are allowed to connect .
> Hence, I open the Netscape Console and go to the Administration Server
> to Edit the enries.I add a bunch of IP addresses to whom I wish to give
> access.Everything works fine till this point until I try to save it.When
> I try to save the modifications I get the following error :

> Attribute[configuration.nsserveraddress] has invalid value
> Application error
>
> I cannot make any changes and this is holding up a lot of work.I would
> greatly appreciate any help or suggestions received.

I am not sure if you reffered to this document already, but here is the url

http://home.netscape.com/eng/server/directory/4.0/ag/acl.htm#998697

If the console does not work, try ldapmodify command line tool.
Most of these questions are answered on the netscape.server.directory
newsgroup.
You can find a link to this newsgroup from http://devedge.netscape.com
-Raj

Also

> Thanks,
>
> Taz.
begin:vcard
n:Kunjithapadam;Raj
tel;cell:408-504-3254
tel;home:510-651-9978
tel;work:650-569-5733
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:@Home Network;Set Top Engineering
adr:;;4023 Budwing Terrace;Fremont;CA;94538;US
version:2.1
email;internet:rajk@home.com
title:Software Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0