Re: ldaptool.html

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Kartik Subbarao wrote:

> Are you accessing ldaptool.html from the local file system (a file:/
> URL) or a web server (http:// URL)? My guess is the latter. As a
> security feature, Netscape doesn't even allow you to grant privileges to
> unsigned code from a foreign host.

That was the problem.  I was accessing it from a web server instead of
using the local file, which is why it worked on my Mac and not on my Linux
box.

I believe I solved the other problem I was having too.  I had been using
an asterisk to grab everything in the directory and when I replaced that
with the proper LDAP search syntax (i.e. cn=*), it worked.

My ignorance of Java and LDAP search syntax on both of those cases.

I can't speak for getting CVS access, although you might get a quicker
response if you posted to the openldap-devel list or contacted one of the
head developers directly.

Kevin

--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer