Re: ldaptool.html

Its new news to me but that doesn't mean anything :)

Does this work out of the box for you?  I can't seem to get it working
on my Linux box with Communicator 4.5.1 as I get:

Javascript error: Type "javascript:" into Location for details

which I do and I get on the console:

JavaScript Error: uncaught Java exception
netscape/security/ForbiddenTargetException ("User didn't grant the
UniversalConnect privilege.")

This appears to be related to the fact that I need to allow this Java
applet and Javascript the capabilities to run on my machine but I'm not
getting prompted to do so as the manual suggest.  I don't know Java or
Javascript but from the discussion on the web page about this tool, it
appears I should be prompted with an allow dialog box, which is what the
Universal Connection command should do.

On my Mac (also with with Communicator 4.5.1), I get the same prompt to
check "javascript:" for details, although I do get the box where I can ok
the execution of this applet but I get a different error message on the
console:

JavaScript Error:  uncaught Java exception netscape/ldap/LDAPException
("error writing request")

I don't think I'm mistyping my ldap server or base DN and am wondering
what I am doing wrong.

I am using a server name of ldap.elanco.k12.pa.us and a base DN of
ou=Eastern Lancaster County School District,o=Lancaster-Lebanon School
Districts,c=us.  This is inside a firewall so you won't be able to get to
it or resolve the name.  I tried the larger directory server for our local
school districts Intermediate Unit with the same errors.

In looking in the ldap logs, I do see a BIND request from my machine but I
still can't connect.  The ldaptool isn't very verbose in its error
messages either.

Any ideas?

Kevin

--