Roaming still not working...

I am trying to implement a simple roaming setup with OpenLDAP and Netscape
Communicator 4.5.  My two problems are:

1.  Netscape does not appear to read the password.  When I get the login
prompt, if I enter a password, the authentication fails.  If I leave it
blank, it works fine.  I have a "userPassword" entry for the roaming user
profile using a 'crypt' password (set with ldappasswd).  I also tried
'sha' to no avail.

2.  Assuming things should work without any password authentication, how
does one actually get the roaming profile information to be utilized on
the local system?

The roaming information appears to be updated on the server (as proven by
ldapsearch which shows Netscape added 'stuff'), but the client is not
utilizing it.  I have been though countless wild goose chases trying to
find a definitive source of information on this topic but have come up
with nothing.  The "Manually Implementing..." document is marginally
useful after the schema, etc has been setup.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Mike.

  Mike Frisch                         Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
  Northstar Technologies        WWW: http://saturn.tlug.org/~mfrisch