Re: LDAP, SSL, Roaming Access.

"Michael R. Gettes" wrote:

> The netscape documentation is not correct.  It says that Apache
> does not support the HTTP MOVE method.  While this is true
> with the base apache installation, there is an apache module which
> enables MOVE and instructions that allow for getting the roaming
> service to work with HTTP in a secure fashion (each roaming user,
> if authenticated, cannot see another roaming user's preference store).
> We use this at Princeton... works great!  Please note, we were unable
> to make this work with Netscape Enterprise or Fasttrack servers,
> even after calling support.

Interesting.  I am glad you got it to work with Apache.  I know that
others have had success with Netscape Enterprise Server (we use it that
way internally at Netscape of course).

> Will Communicator ever support https for roaming?

I don't know.  It doesn't right now (in 4.5 or 4.5.1) -- no support for
ldaps either.  Perhaps an area for someone to get involved with at
www.mozilla.org?  I don't work on Communicator myself.

--
Mark Smith
Directory Architect / Netscape Communications Corp.