Re: schema question

William L Anderson wrote:

> In the application/service we're building I've created a new
> objectclass to describe these services. I.e.,
>
> objectclass service
>         requires
>                 objectClass,
>                 serviceName
>
> I'd like the serviceName attribute really have the same syntax as
> commonName.  Is this accomplished by putting something like the
> following in the slapd.at.conf file?
>
> serviceName     cn      cis
>
> And if this is the proper designation, can I use "serviceName=foo" or
> "cn=foo" when referring to this attribute in a service entry?

That will probably work, but I wouldn't recommend having two names for
the same attribute unless you have very special circumstances.  It would
be better in my opinion to just use cn and avoid confusion, i.e.,
declare your object class like this:

objectclass service
        requires
                objectClass,
                cn

Mark Smith
Netscape Communications Corp. / Directory Server Engineering
"Got LDAP?"