Re: ldapsearch question

I agree and a bigger system problem was my first thought as well.
However, I can ping localhost, and I can also telnet the port that I
start slapd on.  So, I started running some testing and found some
interesting things. I used ldif2ldbm to convert 'test.ldif', which is a
test ldif that came with the source.  I started up slapd with the
'slapd-master.conf' which also came with the source.  Same problem.  So,
I then copied over the entire test directory and ran their
'test003-search' script.  Worked just fine with no errors.  So, I
started digging deeper.  I haven't got the answer yet, but I think it's
got something to do with the environment which gets set up by
'defines.sh' (part of openLDAP's testing directory).  That sh script
sets up a bunch of global variables.  Anyway, thanks for the help.  If
you have any more ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
-willem

Neil Smith wrote:

> Bill Hirsch wrote:
>
> > I'm just getting started with openLDAP and am having some problems right
> > out of the gate.  Hoping someone can point out my error.
> >
> > % ldif2ldbm -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -i myldif (no errors)
> > % slapd -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -p 9009 -d 1 (no errors)
> > % ldapsearch -L -S -b o=ILM -h localhost -p 9009 cn=root
> > % no route to host
>
> 'No route to host' certainly doesn't look like an ldapsearch specific error
> message. Can you 'ping localhost'?
>
> Neil.

Bill Hirsch			phone:  415.721.3213
Systems Administrator		email:  willem@lucasdigital.com