Re: having corruption with OPENLDAP NSS and PAM on RH 5.1?

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Blake Binkley wrote:
> my Wtmp utmp and lastlogs(which are used by last, w and who) and a few
> binaries are corrupted and I have another RH 5.1 server that isn't using
> any of the above with no corruption, anyone else experiencing this I
> have re-installed RH 5.1 3 times on this server and am about to
> completely abandon LDAP as a customer support system.. and write my own
> PAM/User Maintenance system, but hopeing for a solution or explanation
> with a fix...

How are the binaries becoming corrupted? or is it that they just aren't
running (or segfaulting)? I just checked my test machine and I am not
exibiting the same behaviors (its a RH 5.1 box). does finger work properly
for usernames stored in ldap?

-- greg