Re: [Q] SSLeay and openLDAP

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Jens Moller wrote:
> Has anyone done an preliminary work with SSLeay and merged its
> functionality into UofM, openLDAP or other slapd based Directory
> Server? If so, is there an effort in place to extend the SSLeay to
> become a component of any of the software distributions?

We had an SSL/TLS patch contributed by Ariel Glenn for our 'Linux
Directory Services' project (http://www.rage.net/ldap/) based on the UofM
code. The patch is for SSLeay up to version 0.9.0, which has TLS support.
The patch can be found at

ftp://ftp.rage.net/pub/LDAP/ldap-3.3+ssl081-2.patch

I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate this into the
OpenLDAP source, as it is UofM derived. It would be great to see a SSL/TLS
version of OpenLDAP.

-- Greg