Re: Building Netscape C LDAP SDK 3.0 on unix

I'll second the motion that it's broken.  I read the build
instuctions on the web page and it claims a 'Last Modified'
date of May 31 (http://www.mozilla.org/directory/buildsdk.html)
so perhaps something has changed since then.  I'm using the
source in ldapsdk_19981123.tar.gz by the way.
   I set/unset the environment variables specified, and got
nowhere with the build.  Obviously there's more to the magic
than just having GNU make.  Perhaps it is looking for something
that only exists if you have the mozilla browser source installed?

Frank

{franks}:178=> make --ver
GNU Make version 3.77, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
{franks}:179=> make -f directory/ldapsdk.mk build
cd config; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/franks/packages/mozilla/config'
make[1]: *** No targets.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/franks/packages/mozilla/config'
make: *** [build] Error 2
{franks}:180=>

Doesn't exactly give me high hopes for how well it will work if
I do manage to get it built.

Michael R. Gettes wrote:
> patl@phoenix.volant.org wrote:
>
> > Has anyone on this list successfully built the Netscape C LDAP
> > SDK 3.0 under unix ?
>
> Make sure you have the latest gmake installed.  The install instructions
> state this at the top.

Actually, it says 'GNU make 3.74 or a more recent version'.  I'm
using 3.77.

-Pat
--
Frank Smith                              Voice: (512) 343-2002 x449
Systems Administrator                    Fax: (512)343-1717