Re: [Q} HOWTO PGP Public Key Server for PGP5.5i

Satoshi,

At 12:52 PM 12/1/98 +0900, Satoshi Tatsuoka wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to build a PGP Public Key Server for PGP5.5i by OpenLDAP.
>but I don't know how to set attribute and objectclass.
>I can't get any information but draft-ietf-asid-pgp-02.txt.
>I want more detail setup infomation with OpenLDAP.
>
>Could someone know about it?
>Configuration of my server as bellow:
>------
>attribute       pGPkey                                  bin
>attribute       pGPKeyRev                               bin
>attribute       pGPKeyID                                cis
>attribute       pGPUserID                               cis
>attribute       pGPKeyURL                               ces
>
>objectclass pGPKeyObject
>        requires
>                objectClass
>        allows
>                pGPKey,
>                pGPKeyRev,
>                pGPUserID,
>                pGPKeyID,
>                pGPKeyURL
>-----END
>
>Satoshi

Just recently there has been a new activity to take up again the work
started with the draft you mentioned. The problem yet to be solved was how
to store multiple keys for one directory entry and how an LDAP server can
function as PGP keyserver. NAI has implemented such a thing already, see
http://www.nai.com/products/security/public_keys/lookup_key.asp.

There will be a discussion at the next IETF meeting whether to take this up
as a new task for the openpgp working group.

Cheers,
Peter

       * *      Karl-Peter Gietz   -   Applications Engineer
     *    *
    *           Francis House       Peter.Gietz@dante.org.uk
   *            112 Hills Road           Tel +44 1223 302992
   *            Cambridge CB2 1PQ        Fax +44 1223 303005
D A N T E       United Kingdom      WWW http://www.dante.net