Sizelimit

It's just been brought to my attention that with the Netscape
Directory Server, the Sizelimit option limits the number of
entries that can be searched, not the number returned.  I
thought that Sizelimit was intended to prevent people who
might be "trolling" from getting a large chunk of information
with one request.

The request that precipitated this question only returned two
entries (when I ran it bound as root).  So which is the "right"
way to deal with Sizelimit (entries a request can search, or
entries that can be returned)?

  o    _______________  Gary Williams        SAS Institute Inc.
 /\_  _|             |  sasgwi@unx.sas.com   SAS Campus Dr.
_\__`[_______________|  919-677-8000 x4059   Cary, NC 27513