Re: OpenLDAP & Netscape Calendar Server?

> I think you must post a followup to clarify that before anyone can help
> you.
>
> * Say what command you used.

The ns-setup binary of the Netscape Calendar Server distribution.

>   Maybe something like like
> 	netscape ldap://your-machine:389/o=basedn,c=NO
>   ?  If so, did you remember to use netscape4 or later? netscape3 does
>   not support LDAP URLs.
>
> > I tried to use OpenLDAP with the Netscape Directory Server (...)
> >
> > But obviously OpenLDAP is running on port 389 on this machine.
>
> No comprendo.  I thought the Netscape Directory Server was a LDAP
> server, like slapd.  So if you have "OpenLDAP" (I assume you mean "slapd
> from OpenLDAP") at port 389, you *aren't* using the Netscape Directory
> Server.  Well, maybe you mean something else...

Oops, should've been Netscape Calendar Server (as in the subject).
The Netscape Calendar Server requires an LDAP directory, so it should
be able to work with Netscape Directory Server or OpenLDAP's slapd
but it just ignores OpenLDAP as it seems.

--
 Bernhard Fastenrath                           phone +49 228 55991-55 (fax-44)
 Gesellschaft fuer Digitale Sicherheit mbH,    http://www.digital-security.com