Re: LDAP access from remote clients

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:28:25 -0600, Dave Higgins wrote:

>I have successfully started up slapd and am able to access it using
>ldapsearch as a user (not root).  My problem now is getting access from MS
>IE4 LDAP client (or others).  I have been running slapd with 65535 debugging
>and MS IE4 communicates with the server but does not return anything from
>the queries.

    Have you included the "binddn" name in the query? This is the suffix "o=emass,
c=US" you defined in slapd.conf. The search command would look like

    ldapsearch -b "o=emass, c=US" -h whatever_your_server_name_is "objectclass=*"

When slapd is built on a machine, the command tools are built with that suffix as well
so it does not need to be specified when both the server and client are built from the
same source.
    By using a different client this bit of extra info is required.

Jim Moe