RE: trouble installing on RH 5.1

I finally figured out what was wrong with my system; the loopback device
(lo) wasn't installed; all I had was eth0.  I fixed up the loopback device,
and all the tests went off fine.

However, the 'make install' is still making the libexec & sbin directories
executables instead of directories.  I just downloaded the
openldap-stable.tgz from ftp.openldap.org, unpackaged it, and then made it.
I thought you said the -stable distributions had this fixed?

Thanks,
Rich Yumul

Richard M. Yumul
mailto:chewie@dtai.com