Re: Netscape directory search setting ?

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, S.T. Wong wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I search for someone's directory entry using Netscape 4.05 (Edit->Search
> Directory).  However, I encountered 2 problems :
>
> 1. search and displayed fields other than default ones (Name, Email,
>    Organization, Phone Number, City) cannot not be used or displayed. I wonder
>    if it's possible to configure them.

check out

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/custom.htm

you should also consider using communicator 4.5b1, much better
directory search implementation (except for the typedown thing,
that's really a noisy thing to do), including very nice simple
authentication.

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/ldap45.htm

have fun!
Nathan Moser