Re: dynlist enhancements, ITS#9121

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 02:02:40AM +0000, Howard Chu wrote:
> Ondřej Kuzník wrote:
>> How about being able to merge identical attribute definitions whether
>> they come from config or directly from code?
>
> We've got other overlays that do something similar, ignore an error if
> the schema element they'yre runtime loading is already defined. I
> guess my question is whether we want to include memberOf in the schema
> like this or not. If not, then it's always up to the admin to define
> their own particular attribute that functions as a memberOf attribute.

More like making it no longer an error to load the same schema twice.

Modules could then define it at load time but ship it as a schema file
too. The admin could then include that on all servers that need to deal
with the data (while they match) so it's available even if the module
isn't.

That would almost sort out the schema issues we have with ppolicy where
currently it needs to be loaded on all replicas even if they don't need
the functionality.

--
Ondřej Kuzník
Senior Software Engineer