Re: dynlist enhancements, ITS#9121

Ondřej Kuzník wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 06:55:56PM +0000, Howard Chu wrote:
>> The dynlist overlay doesn't define the memberOf attribute schema.
>> Something else needs to do that, either loading it as user-defined
>> schema, or relying on the memberof overlay to already be initialized.
>>
>> This seems like a messy loose end to leave dangling, but not sure what
>> a better approach would be.
>> Suggestions?
>
> How about being able to merge identical attribute definitions whether
> they come from config or directly from code?

We've got other overlays that do something similar, ignore an error if the schema element
they'yre runtime loading is already defined. I guess my question is whether we want to
include memberOf in the schema like this or not. If not, then it's always up to the admin
to define their own particular attribute that functions as a memberOf attribute.