Re: Drop support for GNUTLS and libnss in 2.5?

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 12:53 PM Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

> On 7/20/19 6:07 PM, Ryan Tandy wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 12:13:38PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> >> The question is whether this is still revelavant with OpenSSL 3.0.0
> >> moving to Apache-2.0 license [1]. [2] says APL-2.0 is not compatible
> >> with GPLv2 though.
> >
> > Unfortunately that's correct - the Apache license does not solve the
> > issue for binaries containing GPLv2 code without an OpenSSL exception.
>
> How many GPLv2 licensed Debian packages link libldap?
>
> Ciao, Michael.

I can confirm RHEL/CentOS nor Fedora downstreams in their most active
releases no longer actively use the code from tls_m.c. Therefore its
removal should be OK in 2.4 branch, from point of view of these
distros.

I'm also CCing Nikos in case he would like to share anything relevant
regarding GnuTLS.

Regards,
Matus
--