Re: back_ldap / TLS Issues with OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4_48

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 10:18:37AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Generally, it seems to me we at the least have a documentation bug, in that back-ldap(5) and the syncrepl section of slapd.conf(5)/slapd-config(5) should note that they will rely on ldap.conf(5) in the absence of TLS (and possibly other paremters) if they are not found in slapd.conf(5).

For syncrepl at least I understood it was intentional that ldap.conf is ignored (since 1cc1f9b). No idea about back-ldap; personally I always assumed they were supposed to behave the same.