Re: Drop support for GNUTLS and libnss in 2.5?

--On Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:13 PM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

The support for libnss was done by RedHat for the unified crypto project
which is AFAICS obsolete. Does anybody maintain the stuff?

There's already an ITS for removing the MozNSS bits from 2.5 somewhere, IIRC. But yes, that's the plan for that portion. As Ryan already noted, there are issues with OpenSSL moving to the Apache License that may actually make it harder for us to get rid of GnuTLS support. I argued heavily with the OpenSSL folks against using Apache because of its GPLv2 incompatibilities, but unfortunately that went nowhere (I suggested the MPLv2 instead, since it has patent protections (which is what they're looking for) and is compatible with the GPLv2). Oh well. :/

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect