Re: release 2.4.46?

Michael Ströder wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, January 08, 2018 4:12 PM +0100 Michael Ströder
<michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
What are currently the plans for releasing 2.4.46?
It's hanging in branch RE24 for quite while now.

When it's ready.

I expected this answer.

So after almost 20 years the OpenLDAP project looks pretty dead.

Not quite, but it's certainly got fewer interesting problems left to solve. As an open source project it certainly could use some more community involvement. Symas Corp. has been funding all of the web/email/repo resources for the past few years, and funding nearly all of the development work too. As such most of the development activity is being discussed on Symas-specific forums.

Obviously this is non-optimal - I keep reminding people to use this mailing list to discuss issues, so that we have a permanent record of our technical decisions. But there's some friction there, since current work also revolves around customer-specific issues and we're testing with customer-specific data, which must be kept confidential.