Re: Update/drop cruft: LDAP_DEPRECATED, CLDAP, C version

--On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:51 PM +0200 Hallvard Breien Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:

I wrote:
...or do the opposite, kill LDAP_DEPRECATED and CLDAP.  I hope not, but
that's better than eternally deprecated/code-rotting features.

That is, kill the LDAP_DEPRECATED functions.

I'd vote for killing the deprecated functions from 2.5, although I agree it'd be nice to keep a trivial wrapper specificaly for simple binds. I rarely see traffic from people any longer on how to convert code using them to the new functions (I.e., the majority of code utilizing libldap seems to have moved to the non-deprecated fuctions). Neither RH nor Debian appear to default to compiling with them enabled, so the numerous packages that link to libldap(_r) must have migrated off of them as well.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect