[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: www.openldap.org not mobile-friendly
- To: Evelyn Scidmore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: www.openldap.org not mobile-friendly
- From: Clément OUDOT <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:57:20 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=7UIbwD28MsDSjc0etKVyRrPSUdXu2N/Jiud3KXUnYhg=; b=bexuwsDXCkNVqPx5TAEZZZqhYsEZ7cIBrcf+5GfRDj7trsl/0ouMBXtCBL4Y2J0z8/ ihQq4V8JEcPT7ycqivniBp4W51sRnyxzRaSlPsj18MC4KBF+xH/uMI0dE8r5Osm2wdEZ fOFwIiqhqetrZm68YDlG8EnGnunqvG1Jv21nWKCbMyRrLZ/XW6pLYroe27WJIxzZzaql 0rCtg7gINIjbsJ1o6i6qwpX++aK5HM/2t6g33ASODwrrxXkxogUnAiQR+gP5/uxdDjjy qc10KuqdI2mILBpE7YTmGgO8s9WSOC3+vo6F7mJHKN9S7ynyNsP1ycjDaI/2Rw1M6ZC7 uEgA==
- In-reply-to: <552D9B38.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAK_oV49eipPY82dNLE4Mt=thig=rsTctNspw5SXigOG8+hXWzA@mail.gmail.com> <552D8C49.email@example.com> <552D9B38.firstname.lastname@example.org>
2015-04-15 0:56 GMT+02:00 Evelyn Scidmore <email@example.com>:
> On 4/14/2015 2:53 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Clément OUDOT wrote:
>>> 2015-04-14 10:18 GMT+02:00 Hallvard Breien Furuseth
>>>> It will drop in Google's ratings next week because it fails the
>>>> <https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/> tests.
>>>> Maybe someone can fix the web pages up a bit? I'm too busy now.
>> Already fixed in the mean-time?
> Since I have easy access to make the changes, I went ahead and fixed this so
> that for most purposes in non-mobile browsers things look the same, but on
> mobile browsers everything is more friendly. The whole site could probably
> use a revamp at some point, but solving the problem in front of us here (the
> concern about google page rankings) without having to rework the site
> completely was pretty simple:
> * As Michael Ströder said, adding <meta name="viewport"
> content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
> * Changing the table with the bullet points on the main page so that it's
> using floating divs instead of tables with columns, letting it wrap properly
> for very narrow (mobile) displays.
> The end result is that it should look the same for most users. For anyone
> who is using a small display, it should function without pushing everything
> off the side of the screen. Google's analysis tool now calls it mobile
Well, thanks for fixing the mobile view.
But I think we could have a more general discussion about the look and
feel of the website. I agree OpenLDAP is dedicated to system
administrators, but this is not an excuse to have an, excuse me for
the term, "ugly" website.
There is also a work to do on the content, as some pages were not
updated since years, see for example: http://www.openldap.org/conf/
I am willing to help the community on this topic, if any help is welcome.