back-monitor API: monitor_subsys_t

I'm looking over back-monitor's interface to get some more monitoring to
back-ldap, mainly operation count, just like the one in
cn=operations,cn=monitor and finishing the connection monitoring in

There is a part of the monitor API that is a bit unclear to me:
In order to register an entry with register_entry(), one needs a
monitor_subsys_t structure, but how to obtain one? Is it a
back-monitor's job to appoint one or the monitored backend's?

The only use of this structure outside back-monitor is back-ldap again,
not relying on anyone when populating the structure, however a comment
directly above that code reads: "set up the fake subsystem [...]", where
the "fake" reads to me as "we shouldn't need one at all".

I understand the monitoring in back-ldap is functionally a stub with the
infrastructure *mostly* done, so maybe there was a rewrite of the
relevant code planned? What else should I take into consideration and/or
be looking into during my efforts?

- --
Ondrej Kuznik
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)