From: openldap-devel-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-devel-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Howard Chu
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:18 AM
To: OpenLDAP-devel@openldap.org
Subject: MDB name

What's in a name... Apparently "MDB" is already a well-known suffix for Microsoft Access database files. "mdb" is also the name of a debugger tool in Solaris. To avoid confusion with those unrelated items, it might be a good idea to rename our MDB to something else. Now, before the next OpenLDAP release is published. Comments?