Re: logging "reqEntryUUID" in accesslog?

Howard Chu wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> In web2ldap when displaying a single entry I have a button which directly
>> forms a filter for searching the audit log (accesslog DB) for the
>> entry based
>> on the attribute 'reqDN'. This is handy but does not work anymore when
>> entries
>> were renamed.
>>
>> So how about logging the value of entryUUID of an entry affected by a
>> write
>> operation in a separate attribute 'reqEntryUUID'?
>
> Just use logoldattr entryUUID.

In principle that works with a filter
(reqOld=entryUUID: 105da84e-0787-4202-bd70-d4e6d919de48)

> Don't invent special cases when a general solution already exists...

...but I'd argue that one would probably want to index an searchable attribute
like the proposed 'reqEntryUUID'. You'd rather don't want to index 'reqOld',
do you?

Ciao, Michael.