[Date Prev][Date Next]
LDAPI and AutoBind
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: LDAPI and AutoBind
- From: Michael Ströder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 11:58:53 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20080313 SeaMonkey/1.1.9
Lurking on the FDS list I noticed the new "Autobind" feature of FDS for
LDAPI connections which directly emulates a SASL EXTERNAL bind if the
client connects over LDAPI with a certain user-ID and simple bind (or no
bind at all). It's configured at the server's side.
Wouldn't that be a useful feature in OpenLDAP's slapd too for LDAP for
automagically binding LDAP clients which aren't capable of sending
SASL-Bind EXTERNAL but are capable to connect via LDAPI?