Re: SummerOfCode suggestions

On Monday 10 March 2008 18:22:11 Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Monday, March 10, 2008 5:18 AM +0100 Emmanuel Dreyfus
>
> <manu@netbsd.org> wrote:
> > For now this can be achieved by setting up an accesslog overlay on a
> > shell backend and having a program filtering the produced LDIF, but it
> > is rather suboptimal, and everyone has to reinvent the wheel for the
> > LDIF filtering.
>
> You can also use Net::LDAPapi as a delta-syncrepl "listener" that acts on
> changes, whether it is new account creation, or otherwise.  And then have
> perl fire off whatever it is you want done for any variety of situations.

Actually, I was thinking of something along the lines of a combination of
these two. A syncrepl client that allows arbitrary script execution with
macro expansion.

While I doubt the utility for creating home directories (pam_mkhomedir is
sufficient for all but the NFS-homes case IMHO), the quota issue is valid,
and I have a few other examples (such as poor-man's meta-directory, or
integration with closed platforms etc.).

Regards,
Buchan