Re: OpenLDAP memberof plugin and Samba4

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> The warning is gone, but the link between masteredBy and hasMasterNCs
> still doesn't appear.
>
> It is actually a special case, as it is between
> containers/databases/partitions (what is the right term?).

OK, the overlay, the way you're using it (stacking within a database)
will only allow reverse links between entities that belong to that
database.  You can try making that instance of the overlay as global
(i.e. placing it before the first database).  I don't think I ever
tested it that way, so there might be pending issues, but in principle
it should work.

> For example:
> dn: cn=NTDS
> Settings,cn=LOCALDC1,cn=Servers,cn=Default-First-Site-Name,cn=Sites,cn=Configuration,dc=samba,dc=example,dc=com
> hasMasterNCs: cn=Configuration,dc=samba,dc=example,dc=com
> hasMasterNCs: cn=Schema,cn=Configuration,dc=samba,dc=example,dc=com
> hasMasterNCs: dc=samba,dc=example,dc=com
>
> This is record is created with an 'add', but none of those link targets
> have a masteredBy record.
>
> overlay memberof
> memberof-dangling error
> memberof-refint TRUE
> memberof-group-oc top
> memberof-member-ad hasMasterNCs
> memberof-memberof-ad masteredBy
>
> Perhaps there a restriction that the memberof-group-oc should be unique?

No, there shouldn't.  You usage is quite different from what I
envisaged, though, as using "top" for the group objectclass is
definitely triggering consistency checks more often than I expected.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.